Monday, February 3, 2014

Learning ASP.NET MVC

ASP,NET MVC is quite different form ASP.NET WebForms. The basic concept of the Model View Controller pattern is one that I had used in desktop apps, so I was not prepared for how different it was. The big difference for me was that I had to actually know HTML, which I had used to some extent and learn the more modern version of HTML 5. Also CSS is used much more. Which I have also had to learn more in detail.
   Also I made the leap form using the features of Visual Studio 2008 to Visual Studio 2013 and  C# 5.0, so it forced me to use LINQ and lambda functions, which while the concept is simple, the exact syntax can be tricky to learn.
  But I have completed my first assignment for the WebPortal software I am working on and am feeling more comfortable with MVC now and the technology it requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment